Monday, June 12, 2017

Ettringen

I have been a few times to Ettringen... as usual, the more you climb the better the climbing...

A few weeks ago I finally climbed Oger, VIII- in the Finsterlay. Great route with a tough handjam start and a difficult fist jam upper part - especially if you have small hands like I do. With the heavy no.4 cams I managed to climb it free! Great! As a warm-up I climbed Feuertaufe VII+ clean and readpoint. Also very nice!!!


Last week I almost send Fegefeuer, VIII-, great fingercrack in the "hell". I slipped in the crux, it was very wet after some rain. Next time I will send it for sure!

Yesterday we tried different new routes. I onsighted a few of them:

"training for Utah", V-, sector Kühlschrank
"Aucune Plaquette", VII, great handjam in sector Kühlschrank
"Gash", VII, cool short fingercrack at Dürener Wand

"Mettwürstchen", VII+, I flew out just 2 metres below the belay, great long route at the Schiffsbug
"Mayflower", VIII-, hard handcrack at the amphiteatre, well-known route in Ettringen, pretty tough though!

 Training for Utah, unfortunately very short...

 Gash, cool ringlocks and laybacking...





 Oger, VIII-, Finsterlay, best crack climbing sector evereverever...

 Fegefeuer, VIII-, in the hell, good as hell, yeah....

Aucun Plaqette, VII, great climbing, Kühlschrank...

Mettwürstchen, VII+, at the Schiffsbug.







No comments:

Post a Comment